Saturday, March 28, 2015

March meeting

Two of the ladies were missing this time, so Christine, Alleyne, Kathryn and I got together for some relaxed stitching and quilting. No photos this time, I forgot my camera, duh! So I'll just describe what was happening. We met at Christine's, and she had prepared a lovely afternoon tea for us with yummy chocolate cake! Mmm...
Kathryn was working on a rather gorgeous quilt for her niece. It consisted of panels showing wolves, and some matching grey and blue fabrics. That will be one happy little niece!
Alleyne was quilting her large project and we hope to see it finished in all its glory by next time. She also showed us the jelly roll quilts she had finished, and we chatted about more jelly roll patterns.
Christine was piecing her Jemima quilt, it's so cute!
And yours truly was working on secret quilter's business; making another part of a challenge quilt for the Wednesday group. Then I continued with the Scandinavian Rose redwork. I like this current block, there seems to be mostly backstitch, which is good, since I hate satin stitch.
It was another lovely afternoon with friends. Next time will be an 'extraordinary' meeting, when Nancy visits from Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment