Sunday, March 30, 2014

March madness

 Another Saturday and the Village Quilters met at Christine's place. We were greeted by a very excited Medley, flopping herself on the floor in anticipation of tummy rubs.









Christine had outdone herself and made lovely scones with blackberry jam and cream - yum! All my good intentions to maintain my diet flew out the window when tempted with these goodies! And served on such beautiful tableware.

 Christine used her new birthday present, a lovely big teapot. The tea tasted extra special.
And amid all this yumminess, we even quilted! Below are some of Christine's hand quilted borders, can't wait to see that one finished.

 Christine also showed us a couple of her finished tops, soon to be quilted. This one is a black, white, and red art deco quilt. The detail on the panels reminds me of the Great Gatsby.

Christine's other quilt top used up some large print fabrics, which are sometimes difficult to incorporate. This worked extremely well though, and I think once it is quilted, it will be a heirloom!

Jean and Kathryn were not able to come this time, but Alleyne, Mary and I enjoyed the afternoon. Mary was working on a challenge quilt, which we can't show off just yet, and Alleyne was working on a block of the month. As for myself, I continued to hand quilt my Native American quilt. It's very time consuming, and I can't quilt for long, because my fingers get sore. Still, with patience I shall get there eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment