Sunday, January 19, 2014

Challenges

We have had a number of challenges over the years. I'll try and find the photos and post what I can. In 2012, the group challenge was to make a quilt of any sort, using colour swatches chosen by the recipient of the quilt.
Here are the results, which demonstrate the talents of this groups and the creative way in which the colours were used.
 This was Jean's beautiful oriental quilt, with beautiful fans and flying geese and amazing quilting.
 If I remember correctly, this was Kathryn's quilt for Alleyne. The fabric was so cool!
Jean with her work of art.
 And another beauty, from Christine to Kathryn I believe (let me know if I'm wrong).
 Alleyne's quilt for Mary.
 Jean received a lovely book cover.
 Mary had put a lot of love and work into this little gem of a quilt. It had both pieced pieces and hardanger and embroidery. I was a very happy recipient!

I had made these placemats and a table topper for Christine.


No comments:

Post a Comment